Friday, September 4, 2009

A brief overview of Kinky Economics

On this blog I will outline my views on public policy. The basic principles of Kinky Economics are that everyone deserves a basic quality of life while minimizing the restrictions on people who desire a better life. I also sometimes refer to this philosophy as the barbed wire safety net, it can save your life, but it's not meant to be comfortable. The actual name of Kinky Economics comes from the idea of a kinked Aggregate Demand curve for those of you with a familiarity with Keynesian economics. I am currently focusing on the health care debate due to the current national debate. However, I will sprinkle in some other blog posts at times. It is my objective to pull this together into a book, so you will at times see periods where I focus on taxes, the environment, welfare, regulation, and other topics. I look forward to any comments you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment